Saturday, July 11, 2009

Re: RWA in DC

Before I forget, I wanted to let you all know that Red Sage is co-sponsoring a seminar on digital publishing Thursday morning at 8:30. I'll scare up a copy of the announcement, but it's over on Dear Author and Smart Bitches and probably a few other places, too, if you want to take a look now.

This seminar is not part of the RWA national conference. You don't have to pay the conference fee in order to attend. The panelists are, quite simply, the best people to speak on this topic, and we're very happy to support their efforts to educate writers about the only publishing sector experiencing meaningful growth.

I will be in DC on vacation next week. I'm not attending the RWA conference, but I will attend this rogue seminar. I'm attending one other non-conference event (the Passionate Ink event on Thursday night) and will be in the hotel bar Wednesday evening, but other than that, I won't be around the conference grounds. Feel free to say hello if you see me, though. (I'll also be sightseeing quite a lot, so if you see me at the National Archives, the Smithsonian, the Capital, the National Gallery, the zoo, or dining with my DC friends and family, feel free to say hello then, too. I'm a pretty approachable person, and you're not banned from speaking to me outside of the hotel bar.)

Theresa,
sick of sitting at her computer and SO ready for vacay

8 comments:

Edittorrent said...

You have my cell number, right?

I should be driving up from Richmond Wednesday afternoon. Must drop car off at National.
Alicia

Edittorrent said...

Yep. I'll be shopping with one of my MD friends when you arrive. But I should be in the hotel by about 7 or 7:30 pm for drinks. You coming to that?
T

Jeanne Ryan said...

Don't forget to check out the Library of Congress

1) It's incredibly beautiful
2) there are lots of stuff in the gift shop that say "I cannot live without books" Thomas Jefferson

Edittorrent said...

I can be at the bar then. Which bar? Is there more than one? Call me and let me know where you are.
A

Riley Murphy said...

Wish I were going. Hope you guys have a great time! Have a drink for me, would ya?
Murphy

Leona said...

I'm with Murphy on this one - drink one for me, too!

Hey Murphy, I seem to like most of your edits and comments and you seem to cue in where I cue in (except on my own work, of course! Then, I'm blinder than a bat without sonar. LOL)

Maybe I need a cyber stamp that says "I'm with Murphy!" :)

Have a good day/evening :)

Unknown said...

Ditto what Leona said! And an I'm with Murphy cyber stamp? Priceless!:)

Genella deGrey said...

*Murphy Cyber Stamp

:D
G.