Thursday, July 9, 2009

Need film/tv scene help

Help! For an article about romantic conflict, I want to use a scene I thought I remembered from a TV show or film. (Most of the details have fallen into a hole in my Swiss-cheese mind.)

Young woman. Young man. They're connected in some way, like they have to work together. They don't get along well.

So at some point, he indicates in some way-- you think I'd remember this-- that he's fallen in love with her, and it's a total surprise to her.

She says, and this is the only thing I remember precisely, "But you don't even like me!"

And he kind of turns away, embarrassed. And then something happens and it all works out.

Anyway, anyone recognize that? I know it's not much. And it occurs to me, because I can't think of how they looked, that this was in a book, but I'm pretty sure it was in a movie or TV show.

This is going to plague me and make me utterly useless until someone puts me out of my misery by telling me what I mean.
Alicia the Clueless

13 comments:

Riley Murphy said...

I'm not so great with this kind of stuff but what about Sabrina?

Genella deGrey said...

Alicia - At first I thought for sure it was a Mr. Darcy moment. Tee-hee!

What about Twilight?
:)
G.

Riley Murphy said...

Hey, how about As Good As It Gets? That was one my favorites!

PatriciaW said...

Sounds like the promo for the new Sandra Bullock movie, The Proposal, maybe?

Anonymous said...

There was a scene like that in Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games

Jordan McCollum said...

Um, my life?

(JK)

Edittorrent said...

Let me check those... I'm starting to think I read it in a book, and it was just described so well I -think- I saw it.

Alicia

Jean Wogaman said...

Could it be Bridget Jones' Diary? (Both a book and a movie.)

Glynis Peters said...

Firefly?

Outside Eye said...

Well, the words "you don't even like me" make me think you're remembering Love Actually, except (spoiler!) things don't work out so good in the end.

Edittorrent said...

Oh, yes, Love Actually!!! Keira Knightly. Thank you!!!!

And yes, Glynis, Simon does say that in Firefly. Wouldn't you know, Joss Whedon said it first. :)
Alicia

Unknown said...

I loved Love Actually!

Clare K. R. Miller said...

Hmm, there's a scene like that (if I recall correctly) in the webnovel Alisiyad, but I don't think that's what you're going for!