In today's slush submissions:
- one single-spaced partial with no synopsis and no indication of the length of the finished manuscript,
- one really well-written partial with no contact information,
- two stories that are so far outside our submissions guidelines that the writers couldn't possibly have read our submissions guidelines
- one submission with a query letter detailing how long the writer has dreamed of being published and all the mean people who told her she would never succeed
- one submission with an offensive query letter explaining why the author doesn't read in our genre
The good news is that I requested fulls on four manuscripts today. I'm a little leery on two of them but want to take a look just the same.
Leery? Oh, no...
Wait - you couldn't possibly have something of mine.
What a relief!
ROFL So, these things don't just happen at fanfiction archives? Good to know - I think. Or maybe just scary...
Post a Comment