Friday, July 3, 2009

Ransom Notes


For those of you who enjoy reading the Secrets anthologies, there's a chance for you to win a free copy of the new July volume plus Calista Fox's new novel. Both of these books are part of our regular print program. So if you win the contest, you get actual paperbacks in the mail. No downloads.

To enter, send an email with the subject line "Ransom Note" to eRedSage@gmail.com and put the word edittorrent in the body of the email so we know where you got the logo.

The contest lets you "Kidnap This Logo" and post it on your own blog, too. Then you can ask people to enter, too, but instead of putting edittorrent in the body of the email, they should put a link back to your blog with the kidnapped logo.

Every person who sends a ransom note is entered into the contest. As a bonus for people who post the logo, if your reader's ransom note is picked, you will also win a set of the same prize books. So the more of your readers post the logo, the more entries you get in the drawing.

Entries must be received by July 6, 2009. We've extended the deadline because entries are still coming in. This contest has generated a lot of enthusiastic kidnappings and ransom notes.

If by chance an edittorrent reader's ransom note is selected as the winner, then Alicia and I will donate our winning volumes for a second contest here on this blog.

Speaking of Contests On This Blog...

Where are all the entries in Murph's Challenge? There's no penalty for guessing wrong. Might as well take a stab at it. Click the Secrets cover with the headline "Murph's Challenge" for more information.

Theresa

3 comments:

em said...

I'm still working on Murph's challenge. It's not easy. Anyone know where she is? I'll have my choose for the challenge in by the deadline. I'm nervous about that
:( but for the other about kidnapping your logo? I don't have a blog so I can't play. Any suggestions? I love free stuff!

Riley Murphy said...

Hi Em:
I'm back. Hey, there's no need to be nervous. As Theresa says, you can guess wrong and there's no penalty;).

But please don't email me with your choices. Someone already did that and I don't want to be tainted or accused of being swayed so, now I can't use the examples they did, which is a real drag - but what can you do?
Good Luck - and get those choices in by the 7th, okay?
Murphy

em said...

Hi Murphy!
You are so good! I'm going to get my choices in by the seventh and I promise not to worry about them:). I am having a time deciding. Has anyone else had a hard time coming up with choices?