Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Starting this up again!

New resolution! I want to blog more about writing and editing. So here I go...

Well, today I got nothing. Bad start!

I have been listening to the John McWhorter podcast Lexicon Valley.  He's got a new episode up about "habitual past" (I used to blog a lot). He points out that we also now use "would" to indicate a past action that recurred habitually- I would blog a lot.

His podcast is always fun. He has a thing for Broadway musicals, so he will have clips from Ethel Merman and Shirley Booth singing some long-forgotten ditty that explicates something about language.

So... any writing questions or topics I can address? I respond well to requests. :)

3 comments:

Deb Salisbury, Magic Seeker and Mantua-Maker said...

I'm glad to see you back, and I look forward to future posts. :-)

Edittorrent said...

I'm feeling pretty uninspired, so I have to come up with some new ideas. :)

Alicia

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. Your blog helped me grow as a writer. I learned so much.
Bliss